Saturday, December 19, 2009

The craziness of life

I just wrote a blog about my father and his passing. Had a phone call from my mother that my dad's brother died this morning of a massive heart attack... in the bathroom - exactly the same way my dad did. And about a week before my dad's anniversary. My uncle was young, only 72.

It makes me sad to think that it leaves only my aunt now. Everyone else has passed away. It also makes me sad because my dad's family never worked on family unity or trying to stay in touch. They all just hated each other. I am not close to many of them because of distance (they all live in Italy), but the few who do reach out to me, I stay in touch with. I like to hear about the births of my little cousins, the accomplishments of those who are special to them... it makes me feel somewhat connected.

All of my cousins on that side of the family live mere minutes away from each other and they don't even speak. That is when you know you have a TRULY dysfunctional family. His passing will alleviate his pain and that of his family (he suffered from dementia), but it will unfortunately not bring anyone in that family closer together. They are beyond help... sad but true.

The one lesson that always comes through - tell the people you love that you love them. Even if it is for a split second. Let them hear the words, so that they can carry that in their hearts. Love is a powerful thing. Remember all of you - I do love you all, immensely. You have all touched my life and enriched it in some form. Thank you for being a part of it. <3

0 comments:

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .