Sunday, July 18, 2010

Surprised

I am going to admit that over the years I have become a bit of a cynic... wait, I have become a HUGE cynic.  I still try to believe that people have good intentions, but many times I am proven wrong.  And that is ok, but it does work towards the shaping of a person's opinion on matters and possibly groups of people.

For those of us who are currently dating and not in any type of "relationship" (I added the quotes because people define their relationships all differently), you would understand how difficult it seems to have become to meet quality people, both male and female.  I believe, wholeheartedly, that as a society in general, people have forgotten the art of dating.  It doesn't involve casual sex, getting drunk and taking the first person home with you or propositioning someone you don't even know personally on the internet.  Now that is not to say that one, some or all of these methods works for some out there... but it doesn't involve REAL dating. 

So from my cynical outlook, I brace myself every time I go out on a Saturday night, or when someone might decide to email me or contact me through various social networking sites.  I am prepared to be offended.  I am armed and ready to fell anyone who might have the nerve to be disrespectful.  I am on the defensive for any attack and ready to ward them off.  What I am not well equipped for anymore, is the sincere, honest individual who is really only out to meet someone and talk.  That person who is different from the masses, who will actually not make any unwanted advances on someone.   It has been so long since I have met anyone like that (outside of my male circle of friends) that I had begun to think that we should actually put these types of men on the endangered species list!

Well my cynical self was pleasantly surprised yesterday to meet and chat with someone who was really only interested in ... talking.  Yep, you read it.  There was not ulterior motive to try to get me to sleep with him, to try and do anything to him ala Monica Lewinski... and he even was gentleman enough to drive me home and not try to come in.  I admit - I was surprised and a small kernel of faith sprung up.  Faith that if I look hard enough and possibly change my outlook, I might be able to see those great guys who are out there and who are truly good, honest people.  Let's face it - everyone's ultimate goal is to find someone and connect with them physically.  But there are many different roads that lead to the same destination.  It was just nice to meet someone who for once wasn't on the fast track to that destination... heck maybe he doesn't even want that from me, which is also just fine.  

It's nice to wake up to a beautiful sunshine drenched morning knowing that out there you can still find good people.  Makes the day seem brighter and that much more wonderful.  :)

1 comments:

mle428 said...

Yay! There are more like that, I promise.

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .